Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Cupcake That Started it All. Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes

This time last year, was when I came up with my first cupcake recipe. I will be making it for Christmas Dinner at my house along with the Gingerbread Cupcake. I wanted to share the recipe so you guys had enough time to make it for the holidays if you wanted to.
I'm sorry I don't have a picture. I will after Christmas.





Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
350 oven~20 minutes

1 1/2 sticks of butter (room temp)
3 eggs (room temp)
2 cups of sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup high quality cocoa powder
3 tablespoons of ground coffee
1 cup milk
1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee

In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and ground coffee. Whisk ingredients together.
Measure out milk and coffee, combine
Cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Add 1/3 of the wet and mix until incorporated. Continue to alternate and mix wet and dry in thirds, until batter is complete.

Scoop in to cupcake papers and bake.

Mint Butter Cream Frosting
2 sticks butter (softened )
5 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon of peppermint extract

*TIP
You butter shouldn't be as soft as it needed to be for the batter. Just softened, not room temp. This will help you get a stiffer frosting consistency without adding a ton of sugar.

Cream butter and add 1 cup of sugar. Add in extract and mix until smooth. Pour in milk and mix well. Add sugar one cup at a time mixing between each.


Frost cupcakes once they have completely cooled. Top with crushed candy canes if you'd like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I used to be checking out consistently this web site using this program . impressed! Very beneficial information especially the leftover area I maintain these kinds of data a good deal. I became in search of this specific info for years. Many thanks and greatest regarding good luck.