Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Friendly Ghost Puffs

I'm back. Sorry for being MIA the last few days. I rarely get sick, and when I do it doesn't usually take me out for the count. That being said, I have never been sick with two sick kids before either. Between, feeling awful and trying to console everyone else around me, and my sketchy internet connection as of late, blogging has taken a back seat. I'm back now though! Kids are almost better, and outside of a stuffy nose, I feel pretty good. So for those who didn't notice I was gone, shame on you. For those who did, I hope a Halloween treat will make it up to you.

You can make the puffs ahead of time and just fill them when you are ready to serve.


Friendly Ghost Puffs
recipe makes 8
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter  (cut into pieces)
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
16 chocolate chips
1 quart orange (or favorite flavor) sherbet
Confectionery sugar for sprinkling

In a medium saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Stir until butter is melted. Reduce heat to low. Stir in flour and salt, stirring until mixture forms a ball. Transfer ball to mixing bowl and add eggs one at a time mixing between each. Mix until smooth. Preheat oven to 400.
On an ungreased cookie sheet, spoon out 1/3 (ish) cup of dough. Using a wet butter knife, form in to the shape of a ghost. Continue to make your ghost shapes with the remaining dough. Make sure to space them out about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet though. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Place them on wire racks to cool completely. Carefully slice each one in half horizontally so you have a mirrored image of each ghost. Remove the soft interior leaving a shell. Just before serving fill each shell bottom with about 1/2 cup of sherbet. Cover with the stops, sprinkle with confectionery sugar and place chocolate chip eyes on each.

No comments: