Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Cheese Cake Cupcake (new version)

I've been meaning to make this recipe over again, but I made a few changes. I improved the frosting and added chocolate as well as improved the presentation which was what my main goal was. They are super yummy.
Crust

2 cup graham cracker crumbs or biscuit crumbs
8 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons of sugar
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together and press in to the bottom of your cupcake forms. I use "Nut and Party Cups" the largest size, from Micheal's, but you can use any cupcake papers. Put in the oven for 7 minutes, then set out to cool


Cupcake
4 pkg.  (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
4   eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Make sure your eggs, and cream cheese are at room temperature. In a large mixing bowl, blend sugar and cream cheese until well blended and smooth. Add one egg at a time, blending well between each. Add in vanilla and blend.
(I use an ice cream scooper) Scoop mixture on top of your mini crusts. With most cucpackes you only want to fill 3/4 of the way, but these you can fill all the way up.
cook in the oven on 350 for 15 minutes and then set out to cool. Make sure you have an oven thermometer, and you do not leave them in longer than 15-22 minutes. If they start to crack too much they are over cooking.

once they have cooled put them in the fridge for 2 hours


Chocolate Ganache
2 (4oz) Ghiradelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Bars
6 table spoons of butter (room temp)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place a heat safe bowl over a pot of boiling water. Break up chocolate bars and add half the butter in to the bowl. Fold and mix until melted.
Remove from heat, add vanilla and remaining butter. Stir until butter is melted.




My cupcakes sank quite a bit, but even if they hadn't, this is one of those cupcakes I like to bake in the cups and then remove for presentation. Obviously you don't have to do that, but if you are wondering why mine look the way they do, sometimes I bake a cupcake in the baking cup, remove it after it's cooked and place it in a regular cupcake liner.
Spoon a little of the ganache on to each cooled cupcake and spread with a spoon

Place cupcakes back in refrigerator while you make the frosting.

Frosting
1 stick slightly softened butter
1 package 8oz cream cheese softened
1 cup blueberry juice
4 cups powdered sugar

In a saucepan bring blueberry juice to a boil. Let boil for about 15 or 20 minutes until reduced to 1/4 cup
Set aside to cool, or put in the refrigerator. I like to do this step much earlier so it's ready when I am.
Cream butter, cream cheese and half the sugar in a large bowl.
Add blueberry juice and mix well, add remaining sugar mix until smooth scraping the bowl a few times.







I don't like to make a sugary cream cheese frosting so it's best to use a regular writing tip on your pastry bag for a frosting of this consistency. It will not hold a detailed form.
Frost cupcakes, start just inside the line of chocolate so the chocolate is still visible. Refrigerate when done.
This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the color these look perfect for Easter! I might have to use these and replace your Chocolate with my Lindt for one of my home parties!

KitschyGirl said...

They would be great for Easter. Lindt and Ghiradelli are both great for baking, and the same company ;)

Little Dolly Rotten said...

Oh geez. The ladies of cafemom are right. Just looking at your recipes makes a person gain weight!

Those look delicious. And now I have to make them..

KitschyGirl said...

The blog itself if fat free, once you make a recipe...you're on your own. LOL

missy said...

These are cute! Once again you have outdone yourself.

Becky said...

do you have any left over chocolate and if so what do you do with it? I did your pumpkin cupcakes (yummy) and always have left over chocolate

KitschyGirl said...

I always have left over chocolate. It can be reheated. It's great for coating pretzels and strawberries. Most of the time, I throw it away, but if I'm making it for a party, I coat stuff with it.

Becky said...

How do you reheat it?

KitschyGirl said...

You can put it right back on a pot of boiling water. :)

Anonymous said...

Its betty white here. I can say that OMG I've made these and I've never had anything so amazing in my life. I plan to make this for DS's birthday again at the end of this month ;)