Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pining For Fall

As much as I feel robbed by this summer, the baking part of my brain can't wait for fall. Pumpkin, apples and my favorite holiday Dia De Los Muertos. Here in Illinois pumpkin patches are all the rage once the leaves start to turn and my favorite thing about pumpkin patches are the apple cider doughnuts. This year I plan to make them in to cupcakes. I can't wait, I can almost taste them. As far as Day of the Dead goes (Dia De Los Muertos) I have come up with horchata and Mexican hot chocolate skull cakes. I came up with the idea several months ago and have been dying to make them. My skull cookie cutter is packed with my fall stuff, so that is the only thing keeping me from baking them right now. Aside from the cakes I'm also excited to make pumpkin bread and pumpkin pancakes. Truth be told when the leaves start to change, I'll be thinking of how to make a gingerbread cupcake with eggnog frosting, oooh actually that sounds pretty good.

No comments: