Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ginger Spice Cupcake With Eggnog Frosting, first attempt

As I said previously, I enjoyed this cupcake quite a bit, however it was not what I envisioned for my holiday cupcake, so later this week I will be posting a similar recipe with some pretty big changes. The cupcake was yummy, but subtle. The frosting was perfect, but really over powered the cupcake. I wanted something rich and spicy to rival the frosting. I bought some extra ingredients and I will make my second attempt soon. In the mean time, this was still a very yummy cupcake and would be great for those who don't enjoy the bold flavor of gingerbread.



Cupcake
1 stick of room temp butter
4 room temp eggs
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon allspice
1 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs one at a time mixing between each
combine dry ingredients in bowl and whisk together
Add dry and wet ingredients to batter mixing in between each and adding in thirds
Makes 25 cupcakes
350 oven 22 minutes

Frosting
2 sticks of butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup eggnog
Mix ingredients until well blended, frost cupcakes


No comments: