Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Is it too early in the season to talk about Hot Chocolate?

I know it's not technically fall yet, but I'm chomping at the bit. I'm so bored with appetizers, how about you? Let's move on shall we? I'm ready for fall and the first order of business is my most favorite drink. I like to drink it alone. lol Sometimes I make it for my daughter and I, but mostly I prefer to drink alone, with nobody else, because when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.
You do not have to love or even like white chocolate to enjoy this recipe. I am not a white chocolate fan myself. I promise, it's amazing.
White Lavender Hot Chocolate
makes 16oz
1 cup white chocolate chips
10-15 dark chocolate chips
2 cups of milk
handful of marshmallows
1 tablespoon of lavender
You will need a double boiler or a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water and a strainer. I use a tea strainer.

    Combine milk and lavender in a medium sauce pan and heat over medium heat for at least 5 minutes stirring occasionally.Continue to heat milk to desired temperature.
In a double boiler (or metal bowl over boiling water) melt both chocolate chips.








Strain a small amount of milk in to a measuring cup








pour the milk in with the chocolate chips and whisk until well combined.






Strain the rest of the milk and continue to add the strained milk whisking constantly until chocolate is combined. Pour over marshmallows and enjoy.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMM!!!