Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Homemade Pudding Pops




Well it's that time of year. The time of year I feel nostalgic for frozen treats from back when I was a kid, and the time of year that I dread to turn on my oven. So here is a super easy fun treat that satisfied both my need to share a delicious memory with my children, and their need for something chocolaty made by mom.

Chocolate Pudding Pops
*makes 4 large sized pops*

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons corn starch
2 cups milk


In a microwavable bowl whisk together all dry ingredients, try to get all the lumps out. Add milk slowly while whisking to minimize clumping. Microwave for 3 minutes and stir. Now microwave for 3 minutes more, whisking between each minute. Pour in to popsicle molds and freeze thoroughly.

Here are some ideas for variations. Skip the chocolate and add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract once the pudding is out of the microwave for vanilla pudding. You can also add chopped fruit in to your molds. Like vanilla pudding with strawberry chunks, or banana in the chocolate. If you have 8 molds try making both vanilla and chocolate and pouring them in on top of one another with some chopped fruit. 
Enjoy, I know my kids did and are already asking if I can make more for tomorrow.

No comments: