Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Strawberry and Basil Summer Sorbet

Is it a sorbet or a kind of smoothie, I don't know but it's yummy and my kids, husband, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. You can put it in a glass, but you may still need a spoon and a straw. Here's what you need...




Strawberry Basil Summer Sorbet
1lb hulled strawberries
4 medium sized fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup fruit juice
1 tablespoon lemon
1/4 cup sugar
Ice


For the fruit juice you can use just about anything. Orange juice would work just fine, I used a cran-raspberry blend. You really won't taste much of what you put in.

In a blender add strawberries (I sliced them in half) fruit juice, sugar, basil, and lemon then fill to the top with ice.
Turn the blender on......yeah, really.....you're done.
Pour in to a glass or bowl, and serve with some basil for garnish if you'd like.











How simple was that? Enjoy!

No comments: